Thursday, July 16, 2009

Closer Than A Brother


Our dear brother Travis moved almost two weeks ago with his fiance and stepdaughter to Ohio. Our hearts are pain striken. We miss him so much. He has been a faithful friend and brother to the both of us. He has encouraged, laughed and cried with us throughout it all. His love is undying. He knows what to say in every situation. Of course it usually includes an explative but for some reason it makes your heart smile even in the worst of situations. He sat at the hospital with me a month ago. He was the one person I could lean on. The one person that could bring peace to the situation. He was the only person Rob would allow to see him in his fagile state. His hugs bring comfort and hope. I don't know how he does it but his compassion and understanding is out of this world.

I know the friendship is not over and that he is only a phone call away, only a plane trip away and yet it is not the same. I hurt knowing that my husband longs for his friendship in a way that only a brother can. He is family. He is a brother and a best friend. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Steve and Shellie said...

My heart hurts for your separation . . .