Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day after

Well today is the day after elections. Last night before they announced Obama as president I had the opportunity of getting stuck pulling out into 24th st. behind the motorcade as McCain drove to the biltmore. I must admit I was proud to have voted and even more excited that I might just get to watch the next president drive by. I did watch McCain's speech and more than ever I thought what a graceful man he is. Mom called this morning to see if I saw him walking to get his morning coffee at the Starbucks we share but of course I did not. But I did think to myself I hope him and Cindy are enjoying some peaceful time after the storm. That is my prayer for them. I can only imagine the exhaustion they are feeling and I pray for restful peace now that the storm has passed.

No comments: