Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Growing Family

No pictures yet as I am not ready to post what our home currently looks like. But I can give you a mental picture. Rob's studio currently resides in our hallway and living room. Years worth of musical gear and 4 large boxes of mail to go through are awaiting a permanent home. Dirty dishes are sitting in the sink due to the fact that I haven't yet unloaded the clean ones. A cool purple lava lamp temporarily placed in the bathroom has become my new favorite bath light. Our bedroom pillows are on the couch and our baby blue velvet blanket is partially on the floor. Our refrigerator consists of one carton of milk and some old cheese (Yum!) and yet I am finding solice in the upheaval of it all. Maybe it is all the moves over my lifetime but I am finding myself comforted by the fact that I know the chaos means change. Change is exciting when embraced.

So what is this change you speak of, you might ask...well we are a growing family. OK, so don't get too excited...I am not pregnant. Even better. Stefi is moving in with us. Rob and have been praying since Stefi moved here on growing our family and asking her to be a part of it. I know she is already family but to co-exist in the same home is a little more intimate. To our delight she was ecstatic about the prospect. While things have been challenging to say the least over the past year we couldn't think of a better way to enrich our home than to have our beautiful sister join us on this crazy journey we call life. We have been married almost 4 years and are ready to invite her in.

Last night was her first night here. Because all her furniture is not yet out of storage and the room was not completely emptied till 5 am this morning Rob slept on the couch and Stefi slept with me. The dogs questioned only for a brief moment the visitor in the bed they call home. But Stefi quickly dispelled any hesitation by simply inviting them to come cuddle with her. Little did she know that with these simple words they would immediately jump right on top of her head and make themselves at home. It was beautiful watching my two little pups snuggled right into her as we drifted off to sleep. OK, so there was more chit chat and bathroom visits than sleeping but nevertheless it was comforting. It was a small confirmation that Stefi is meant to be in home. Of course they missed there daddy but it was only for one night.

Amazing changes. God is good!

No comments: