Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grandma's Blessing

So I have been sick for over 5 days now and going stir crazy. This is my third round of antibiotics in the past six months...yuck!

But on a lighter note...Grandma's are such a blessing! This past week I was feeling down and out and I knew that the one thing that I needed was a moment of fellowship with my grandma. We decided to be bad and split a hamburger and shake from my favorite hamburger joint and what a blessing it was. I left feeling encouraged, loved and ready to face the world again. My grandmother is a patient, quiet spirited and strong woman. A woman that only I can pray to be someday. I was talking to her about the book I am reading, The Shack. It is about a "great sorrow" and the healing of God in the form of a southern cooking mama. While reading this most unique description of God I giggled and decided to take what I wanted from it and leave the rest. But sometimes getting out of your comfort zone is just what you need to see God in a new way. To get in touch with one of His infinite ways of loving you that you haven't experienced in while. But back to the "great sorrow". My grandmother shared with me how her great sorrow led her to be the woman she is today. A woman of faith. May we all be reminded that our great sorrows are leading us down a path to faith, serenity and love.

No comments: